Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Slip Time

As the much needed rain ruins most outside work, another little project has jumped into view. I am going to try to make sweet potato slips, which means that I am going to take a sweet potato and grow little vines from it. Those slips will be planted in the ground...and if the deer don't get to them, they will create one of the sweetest things you can dig out of the ground. Yum yum yum! I found a nice clear video here for those interested in starting there own slips. But the video below is like THE Sweet Potato biography or something. Go Louisiana!

 My operation is so miniscule that no spraying, no chain diggers (wow!) and no fork lifts are needed. I am in awe of how productive and mechanical the entire process is on a large scale.

The soundtrack on this informative video from LSU is sick.*



*Sarcasm alert. 2009 wasn't long ago, but the music seems a bit 20th century. This doesn't mean I don't love it in that snarky sort of way that is so (too?) common.

Next up: the bees are coming to their new hivey homey homes!

No comments: