Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweetato

Be my sweet potato. Whoa, not THAT much sweet tater.

I planted 24 slips of sweet potato in my two gardens and got some impressive yields for planting such a heat- and time-in-the-ground-loving plant. I really didn't expect to get much being that the deer ate most of them to the ground (saved them with low tunnels) and that we have had frost here for weeks. But I was wrong. Very wrong.

That's a shiny old quarter on top of the larger of the taters I dug up. Hope your hungry when you visit.

 This is the alien Burbank Russet potato gun that was unearthed. Weird.


3 Root Grex beets. Go Wolperts! Got seeds from those wonderful people and can't wait to give them a try. Stay away, deer. If you eat them then I am inclined to eat them via you. Got it?
 
The next step is curing the sweet potatoes. This involves keeping them at about 80 degrees F and at 80% humidity. Sounds like I will dig up the seed heat mat and the old humidifier. Hope it works.
 
I also got a few varieties of garlic to plant from the Wolperts. Pretty psyched to grow some seed garlic and a little to enjoy and share with others. Nothing like some passion food!

No comments: