Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cultura Vieja

Well, my time is about up in Mexico. Back to the cold (um, that depends on what day) spring of West Virginia. I can't wait! While I have totally enjoyed my time here, I am anxious and ready to return to mi casa.

Hace mucho calor en Jualcomulco. That means that is is freakin' hotter than hell here. More cold coconuts, more trips to the river, and plenty of water (or jugo y caguamas for Adam...haha).

We bought a bunch of coffee in Coatepec, which is kin of coffee around here, and I hope that they will let me bring it back. This coffee is some of the best I have had in a long time...I still rank the Hypno Mexican Chiapas as my favorite...that's just me.

Pico de gallita Morgan.

El Rio Pescados, a great place to swim, to cover yourself in clay, and to fish for camarones del rio, or shrimp. The supermercado has got NOTHING on these local shrimp. Some of them are the size of small lobsters. Yum yum, for sure!

El vecino de Robbie, the neighbor, Morgan and his son, putting it in four wheel drive.

¡Pinche hippie guero!
Mogley has been practicing his free-spirited music every day. Tour dates have no been announced, but you can keep track of him here.

Yo fui al museo de antropologia en Xalapa en Sabado. ¡Super chingon!
I went to the Anthropology Museum in Xalapa on Saturday. Super awesome!
It is loaded with Olmec artifacts and history. Wow!
Este cabeza colosal esta muy grande.
This collosal head is very big.




They look bored. Probably because they've been swinging for thousands of years...

 Seems Asian, eh? Or perhaps its the alien influence? Yo no se.





 All due respect.




  The pictures don't do it justice. These heads are HUGE!
And according to the history, the stones were moved vast distances before being carved. A lot of their cultural artifacts were destroyed. ¡Que lastima!

Anybody recognize this fellow? ¡Diez puntos para ti, si tu conoces!

 They had a nice display of these stamps. The ones below are even more complex as they roll. ¡Que chido!



 Cayota, the sweetest mama dog around. I think that the dogs like Robert's cool tile floor on the often blazing hot days.

 Each day I see Roberto's garden and get psyched for digging in the dirt back at home. Except I won't be growing any pineapples...

OK lovely readers, tune in later for a grand change in scenery. Voy a regresar a Los Estados Unidos muy pronto. ¡Nos vemos!

No comments: