Thursday, August 2, 2012

I once was lost

Dang, I am glad that this little black bugger showed up. My little camera was missing for some time. I was convinced I had left it somewhere, only to be found by somebody that didn't recognize the pictures of my daughter, my garden, myself. Free camera, delete all of those silly pictures and start fresh. But it was just left in my friends car, and he put it in his glove box and forgot to tell me he had it. Then my bro found it and voila, it was brought back to me.

Let's catch up:


 Esty and Dadders like to add bubbles to the bath, but I think she likes the towel swaddle even more than that! Her favorite monkey is a towel and mine is a kid.

Here is the start of a nicely weeded garden...

 ...and here it is cranking away.

 It looks organized, right? Like I posted earlier...well, I'll go take a shot of it now and you'll see why the dang seed packets have recommended row spacing. It's a small jungle now.

 Estoria and her young parents went to Idlewild Park with the local Mtn. Laurel Learning Cooperative. We had a blast and Esty did the carousel more than anything. They should really call it Idle A While Park...you know why.

Soon after we got back from the awesome field trip, we were awoken in the middle of the night by some cheep cheeping. Our little buff brahma girls and boys had hatched! One of them could be a mutt mix of brahma and orpington, but a buff nonetheless. Estoria was reeeeeally excited, wiping sleep from eyes and pointing incessantly! But she didn't want to touch them and actually yelled NO! when I picked them up. Funny.

 And this today, our little monkey had decided to wear a shirt and a half, pull out her water shoes, and try to eat her shovel. We had a little lesson in not running around with shovels in your mouth. It could get pretty nasty pretty quick.

 I think that she is already leaning towards Islam. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Right, America? Right. 

Well , we are off to the swing set and then to the Yarn show. Thanks for reading and writing and arithmeticin'.

No comments: