Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Full Swing

Summer ain't slowin' down but I am going to have to. After a great game of the best game on earth, (you guessed it, soccer, or football to the rest of the world) I had  a bit of a soreness in my left ankle. Sure enough, as I began to become less and less active, it began to hurt more and more. Eventually, it was apparent that I had probably sprained it or at least whacked it out enough to be a gimpy hobbler for a while. Great timing with work and booming gardens and loads of evening extracurricular activity. Of Course!
'Tis surely an omen that I need to clean up the clutter mountain in my house, since I can no longer "run away." I know, I know, I can still walk or hobble or crawl away, but its just not as effective as running. Face the flames, hoarder.

Mental Floss:

 "If you think you're free, there's no escape possible."  -- Baba Ram Dass

" A little unlearning goes a long way."  -- Richard Kehl

"I really admire bees' sense of common responsibility...Although sometimes individual bees fight, basically there is a strong sense of unity and cooperation. We human beings are supposed to be much more advanced, but sometimes we lag behind even small insects."  -- The Dalai Lama

No comments: