Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tropicali Davis

I like this part of my recent irreverent horoscope:
"We're all in 'sales,' selling our personalities,
our accomplishments, our charms." That's a quote from Richard
Grossinger's new book *2013.* I share his view of human nature. Is there
any interaction between people that doesn't involve a bit of hustling? The
subtext of every encounter includes at least one of the following: 1. "I
want you to like me." 2. "I'm trying to get you to believe I am who I say I
am." 3. "I'd really like you to see how interesting and important and
unique I am.""  -  Rob Brezsny
Mo(u)lting time here at the Blackwater River. I saw dozens of these empty guys yesterday on Camp 70. I've been trying to do the same thing these days. Leave behind the old shell of "me" that is no longer "me," ya know? If I don't leave it behind, it's baggage. Unneeded. From the latest Cloud Cult album, Light Chasers: "You can't escape from yourself unless you don't run."

They make great finger puppets, too. Got any crayvings daddy, nyuck nyuck!!! Is that gross?

Foggy Bottom (Kit Kat) taking a rest from stalking the bird feeder....should a bell be put on his collar?

Naturally, he can reach the feeder jumping from the ground. No tree necessary.

A side note: Since my time working at the coffee shop, I see a lot of people driving by. That includes police officers. In the past three (3) days I have seen a handful of our local enforcers of  man's law and some state troopers cruising through humble, crime-less and drug-less (minus the awesome coffee...it's legal, baby) Davis, oftentimes speeding for no apparent reason (except that they are the law so who will "go get 'em?") and punching numbers or texting into their phones. Now I don't think that we have laws in place here that don't allow that, but I just find it funny that our servers and protectors are simply speeding through town and looking down. I, for one, have never, EVER, broken ANY law ANYWHERE. So I have every right to call them out. 
Oh, except that I smuggled some heirloom beans outta Mt. Vernon's old slave garden and planted them at my old apartment in Morgantown....they were mowed over once ("Must be a funny weed.") but they survived that crew cut...and after Corey B. put bright orange tape around them, they were mowed over again. Bean haters.

No comments: