Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Changes...

Summer slipped by without much of a sunburn for me...not many boating trips, no Grover's Hole (yet?), only one good day of blueberry picking....what the funk has gotten into me? Am I turning into the workaholic that is my father? No....I don't work like he does...likely never will. But I do feel like I have prioritized making money over making merry, ha, to some degree, I guess.

I've been running in high gear for some time and I feel the change in seasons, and the amount of tourist traffic, as a welcome breather to prep for the soon-to-come barrage of frozen water crystals. I really cannot wait for snow. This feeling has come on earlier than it ever has. Hope it's a good winter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one year i kept a laminated piece of paper on my backpack that said "Today the children hope for snow." until, you know, it snowed. I love the snow, but feel grateful to have some crisp air for now.

cheers!

mer

Cory said...

Mer,

I am not wanting to rush the cycle, as you know, but the thoughts of slipping and sliding on pointed water crystals dominate those that want to see green and brown on the ground. Fall will be spent distracting myself until snow flies.

Ciao,

Cory like the Hollow