Thursday, February 28, 2013

Coryroc

"When you come right down to it, there are only four basic prayers:
Gimme! Thanks! Oops! and Wow!"  - Rabbi Marc Gellman

"The true revolutionary is guided by a strong feeling of love" - Che Guevara

"There's no dearth of kindness
In this world of ours;
Only in our blindness
We gather thorns for flowers. "
- Gerald Massey

Ever since I learned about the English language, and, more specifically, poetry, (thanks mainly to Ms. Felty!) I've been interested in word play. I've come across some palindromes, which are words that can be read forward and backward and are the same, that I love. As I grew up, I could only think of the easy single words or two word palindromes. Ya know, words like "kayak" or "racecar." Of course, Mom and Dad fit into this simple category.

But now, oh boy, there are thousands of them popping up, some more "un-nonsensical" than others.
Here are my favorites:
Devil never even lived.

UFO tofu.

Evil did I dwell, lewd I did live.

Dog doo? Good God!

Madam, in Eden I am Adam.

Golf? No sir, prefer prison-flog.

Tis but a tub. Sit.

Maps, DNA, and spam.

Doom Mood.

Lonely Tylenol.

I'm a fool. Aloof am I.

Party boobytrap.

Do, O God, no evil deed! Live on! Do good!

Art, name no tub time. Emit but one mantra.

No devil lived on.

Test tube butt set.

Evil, a sin, is alive.

Won't lovers revolt now?

Yo banana boy!

O, stone, be not so.

Yeah, brain tickle.

I won't even get into oxymorons yet...oh, just one! And it happens to be the only grocery store in Tucker County....can you guess it?

Shop 'N Save.

No comments: