Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peripheral

Been catching all manner of objects, creatures, and lights/shadows in the only two corners (well, the two that will never see what the other one sees) of mine eyes a lot lately. It's likely due to living in a house that has a road above my head level, which accounts for the buzzing objects and some of the lights and shadows. Then there are the creatures, often chipmunks, perhaps my dog, and, just today, my neighbors brave chickens, who were on my porch and surrounding my car two (2) hours ago. (Yes (YES!) I am digging up that old habit from Tony Bologna) It has been startling at first, but I am getting used to the flashes and dang-near-spottings and lessesning the sound in my head that says "Dude, you are too parnoid." When really the wiser voice says "Nobody gives a shit, carry on, smile pretty and watch your back....I mean, forgive but never forget, I mean, give it all but take back most of it...I mean....."

If we actually "caught" what was eluding us in that peripheral zone of mysteriousness, well, the mystery would deflate and reveal the little mice that blew up that dang illusion in the first place. Many miss the mice.

No comments: