Monday, February 15, 2010

Back For More...

I made it home (almost...driveway is a four (4) foot deep snow drift) Thursday evening, after staying the night with Uncle Mike and Aunt Deb...that's Honey's Uncle and my occasional neighbor. Step-sister Jib wasn't so psyced to see Honey. Guess it was good that we didn't stay too long!

Ten Thousand Thanks to all the friends and foes that put me up along the trail. It would not have been as fun of a trip without you all. Ben, Bill, Koda, Joe, Solomon, Graham and Kristi, Ilan, and Honey's relatives! Oh, and the kind folks that gave me a ride into Wendover, NV, upon losing the gas game. I almost lost hope as the sun was setting. That must have created some strong sympathy fora family with a full car that made room for my OJ bottle of gas and grubby hands.

Craigslist rideshare was a hit. I was a bit nervous about picking up somebody I had never met, except via e-mail and telephone, but it turned out to be something akin to a soul connection, to say the least! To show up in Lawrence, KS and meet another sweet human, play rockin' music together before slumbering into some vynil from The Band. many thanks for the couch and directions to the nearest espresso bar! I must say that Kansas has a lot more meaning to me now. Not just endless fields of GMO grains and predatory beautiful birds: KU seemed like a very hip town and my hosts were certainly right up my alley. Keep it up dudes, start that band and play your hearts out!

The snow in WV is in more quantity than anywhere else I had been on the trip. No sh-lies, CO, WYo, CA, UT, none of these big name destinations came close to the mighty mounds of fluff that so thickly coated every damn object in town and all around. Needless to say, the skiing ought to be good, no--phreakin' amazingfor a few more days,  for a week or more! At least the report says so....

So, I must go. There is work to be done...but to be sure, there is fun to be had as well.

Be well all, and don't forget...____________!

No comments: