Sunday, January 31, 2010

Down in a Hole...

...finding my soul. Near heavenly powder has redefined my relationship with frozen water. Gratitude, awe, and excitement are all wrapped up in my heart and mind as we continue to experience such inspiring and gratifying snow. Counting the blessings is a non-stop task...like counting the multitude of six-pointed crystals.

Edelweiss Bowl, Christmas Tree Bowl, Telemark Bowl, Columbia Bowls, then, off the backside of that giant Glory Bowl, we hit up Coal Creek for over 3000' of vertical. Holy Snowflake, it was good! All of it! Some videos below may back me up on that statement. This photo, from near the top of Glory Bowl, shows Edelweiss (big open area with some sun) and the Olympic Bowl etc. in front of that.

The brother's and I have caught the BC bug, bad. Our great host, Ben, has provided us with the information and gear to safely navigate some of the finer and relatively safe(r) back-country skiing at Teton Pass. Skinny Skis hooked me up with some stiff boots and climbing skins, completely necessary for what we were choosing to do.

Is there such a thing as "too fat?"

When isn't Honey digging for something?
It seems that our paths are about to separate, as the lil' bro's are likely to head east soon. The wind under my wings is gently pushing me further west. Having some four (4) different friends in California makes it hard to stop here in Jackson. Oh wait, a few more live in So Cal but I doubt I'll get that far south. Time alone, oh, time will tell.
Mo Chases Co Video


Mo Spins Too Much or Not Enough


 Adam Makes 360's Look Easy


Mo Makes 720's Look a Bit Harder


True Tree Skiing



As my favorite telemark guru says: Ski Hard, Play Fair, Have Fun!!! Can do!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote of the year

"I should have turned"

Anonymous said...

lookin' pretty darn sweet out there. on the level of say... epic? hope you weren't skiing on those fixed heal water skis!! keep it up! but dont forget to come back.

Rick Landenberger said...

Thanks for the update, guys. I really enjoy the videos.
Rick

Lindsey Garcia said...

I love the pictures of the three Chase brothers!

Nick Waite said...

Whoa. Ok, the snow is coming down here in the East but... After seeing the last absolute throw-downs of mad adventure posting, I think I'll talk to my Tahoe, Ca friend about a little powder culturing. Word.

See you guys soon? I mean, really, don't come back yet. I say do another lap!

Be safe, brothas.

-Nick

Cory said...

Thanks for dropping lines folks. Nice to hear from old friends...and anonymous ones too.

Mike D said...

Wow! I would expect nothing less from you Chase guys. Looks to me like you are having a great time. Still, not as much fun as Honey.
Travel safely,
(uncle) Mike & Deb