Monday, October 5, 2009

Food and Fur

Sheena got a new kitty cat last week. She dreamed up his sex as female, to match her Lilly dog, but he is a boy. Thank gawd (joke). Sheen wanted to name her another flower name...yuck. I have deemed him "foggy bottom" since he is mostly white, but just around his tail and bum is a mix of black, white, and gray. Foggy Bottom it is! He has been giving Lilly a run for her money. See the video below for the in-house stand-off.

Anybody get the good views of the harvest moon? Holy moley! Gorgeous!
My garden is nearly done for....all tomatoes were blighted (I was told to make a weak epsom salt mixture with water and put it into the hole prior to planting and then occasionally on the leaves of the plant to prevent the blimey blight...any confirmed results, people?) While I was on top of my game in the beginning, I must say that I did not combat the weeds as well as I could have.
No worries though, for after some serious weed-whipping I cleaned up shop and came home with plenty of tomatillos (ya know, salsa verde), lettuce, cabbage, cukes, carrots, calendula, a few little beets, and even some butternut squash!!! Oh, and I have tons of organic kale, two varieties, so please, come take some.

The sunflowers won't stop bending over due to heavy-headedness. There is talk of plowing the plot and putting in some grains, like rye or something that my friend Kristin and I could make bread out of. Perhaps some garlic is in order as well?
Oh, and I just got a dog. More on that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh, foggy bottom! he must be a very smart kitty to be named after the location of George Washington University (by accident?).

-mer

Cory said...

He will remain FogBot to me forever....Sheena has not found a better/new name so it has settled into my mind well. We know of the DC location, one reason why Shee doesn't like the name...he is very smart though!