Thursday, June 11, 2009

Workin' Around the Weather

The Davis garden is shaping up well. The weather has been cooperative and the earth is draining better than it did last week...ditch diggin'!!!

Kale yes! My favorite raw greens...

A lame shot...but this row is is filled with 'maters, lime basil, kale, brocoli, peps...

Meanwhile, Chef Gary did his first day of omelets at Hypno this morning...can you say mouth watering?

Tomato, basil, and mozzarella omelet...divine.

Geo B. found these chicken-of-the-woods on his way to Canaan, asparagus from his own garden! My favorite mushroom, by far!
Yeah sucka, I made that!.....well, no I didn't...mine are even more "absrtact" than this.

The universe quickly answered my request for a home....for my plants (now one for me...still waiting.) I started some seeds in Motown, graduated, split town, and nurtured them until they could let their roots into more solid/stationary ground. I'll post some pic's soon of the lovely spot that Mac and Kristin allowed me to use. On the first day of tilling I was offered some composted horse poo from the T-line Stables, thanks Matt! It was perfect shtuff! And it don't stank! I've also been collecting coffee compost from Hypno (which has a new online store!) for any and all acid-loving plants....mmm, yum!

All that said, I put some of the last plants in yesterday after beeing put out for a spell by the heavy rains last week....also, the garden spot has a drainage issue that Mac and I have addressed. I am about to fill in the empty spaces with some fresh seeds...likely some flowers and maybe some quick growing veggies. Stop by later for food...

About to go pick up my middle brother, Adam, in Motown, check out the 24 Hours of Big Bear and head back to TC. Catch him while you can...he's only in for a spell!
  • I've been reading Ode magazine and they have a nice little blurb about a gym that may soon be carbon neutral....I have thought for years that the people paying to pedal staionary bike machines ought to be making power and not using it....this Green Microgym in Portlan, OR is doing just that!

  • The Purple Fiddle is going to have one the wildest times EVER when Triple Cobra comes to shred it up with glam-rock burlesque dancing and wild dress-up! COME OUT (of the closet?)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.crazygardening.blogspot.com/

this sight has recipes, tips and lots of info about organic gardening.

enjoy!
Sam